Translate
Search
School Logo

Nash Mills Church of England Primary School

Get in touch

Social Media

The Victorian Era

By 1880 school attendence was made compulsory so when in 1881 the number of pupils had risen to 120 and following an HMI inspection report of 1885, which stated that the accommodation was insufficient, a small extension was built for the infants.The school has been extended several times since to now accommodate over 200 pupils.
The accounts for running the school in 1890 was met from Government Grants £84 private subscription (John Dickinson & Co) £67 and school fees paid by parents. Education was made free in 1891 so school fees ceased and grants increased.

 

Google Map

Link to Google Maps
Top