School Logo

Nash Mills Church of England Primary School

Get in touch

Social Media

World War 2

In September 1939 with war imminent 71 evacuees arrived at the school to be billeted locally and the school went on a double shift system with local children attending mornings and evacuees in the afternoons.
An air raid shelter was built at our school. On the night of 10th May 1941 bombs fell on the village, houses opposite the school were demolished and 9 people killed. Headteacher Lawrence Sully established the Parent Teacher association in 1944, one of the first in Hertfordshire.

Google Map

Link to Google Maps